As well as the hardware controls on the front panel of each of the devices you can also control the preamp parameters using RedNet Control, using MIDI and directly from Pro Tools.
The preamp parameters of the Red 4Pre/8Pre/16Line can also be controlled using our Focusrite iOS App, see this article.
- To control RedNet 4, MP8R and X2P an ethernet port on the computer must be connected to the same Dante network as the devices.
- To control Red 4Pre/8Pre/8Line/16Line the computer must be connected to the interface over Thunderbolt.
RedNet Control can act as a MIDI Input and MIDI Output while open. To configure devices and RedNet Control for control over MIDI please see the MIDI control guide on the Downloads pages for RedNet 4, RedNet MP8R, RedNet X2P or Red 4Pre/8Pre/16Line.
1. In RedNet Control, open the Preferences and make sure the MIDI settings match the screenshot below:
Ensure that the correct network interface is selected as the screenshot may not reflect the one in use.
2. Click the Tools icon for the RedNet 4/RedNet MP8R/RedNet X2P or Red 4Pre/8Pre/16Line in RedNet Control to bring up its settings dialogue and assign a MIDI channel. In this example, we're using channel 1.
3. Open ProTools and go to the MIDI Input Devices dialogue. Ensure the RedNet MIDI port is enabled.
4. Open the Setup > Peripherals menu. Go to the MicPre tab and assign the MIDI port/channel that will be used as shown below:
5. The next step is to associate the Mic Pres with the I/O channels that they will correspond with. Go to Setup > I/O and click the Mic Preamps tab, then click on the first channel on your device that has mic preamps.
6. Make sure the Mic Pre portion of the Mix window is enabled click clicking the icon in the lower-left corner and selecting "Mic Preamps".