Applies to: Red Range
Please note that the below steps are only required on Apple Silicon systems, they're not necessary on Intel-based Mac systems.
Please install the latest version of RedNet Control to ensure you have our latest driver. RedNet Control can be obtained from the Downloads area of our website.
Apple Silicon (M1) computers come with increased security which prevents users from installing non-Apple drivers (kernel extensions) by default. To install the Focusrite Thunderbolt driver (or any other 3rd party driver) you must follow these steps before you run the installer:
- Switch off your Apple Silicon (M1)-based system
- Hold the power button to switch the computer on in Recovery mode (keep the button pressed until the Startup Options dialogue appears on the screen)
- Click Options, then click your language
- At the top of the screen, you'll see the taskbar with the Apple Logo in it. Click "Utilities", then select "Startup Security Utility".
- Select your boot drive (generally named "Macintosh HD").
- Go to the "Security Policy" section, click "Reduced Security" and then "Allow user management of kernel extensions from identified developers"
- Click the Apple logo in the top left corner and then select "Restart" to restart your computer.
Once your computer boots up again as normal, run the Focusrite Thunderbolt Driver installer.
Midway through the installer, you should see a prompt to "Allow" the extension to load, please see this article for more information.
Once installation is complete, restart the computer a final time to complete the process.
More information about the security settings on Apple Silicon systems can be found in this Apple article.